The primary objective of any data analytics course is to create professionals who can interpret as well as employ analytics to make informed data-based decisions. A brief review of long duration data analytics courses available in India reveals a very promising picture in terms of the quality and the multitude of options available to an analytics learner. If we look at the Data analytics courses in order of their Course Coverage, Quality of Content, Industry Recognition, Cost Effectiveness, External collaborations, Faculty, Placements, etc. we are able to prepare a comprehensive list of some commendable programs and the institutes offering them. Let us look at them in order of their rankings.
1. Certified Program in Business Analytics (CBA)- Indian School of Business The Business Analytics certification from Indian School of Business is given a top slot in almost all substantial rankings. Besides covering a wide array of topics, the course encourages classroom attendance every alternate month while employs technology-aided platforms for discourse in no- classroom months. The ISB brand, a SAS tie-up, ample industry interaction and a 3 – 6-month project at the end of the course, satiates every student's needs. The only draw-back is the higher fees component coupled with the travel expenses to Hyderabad every alternate month.
2. PGPBA- Great Lakes Institute of Management The Post Graduate Program in Business Analytics offered by the Great Lakes Institute of Management, operating from multiple centers like Chennai, Bangalore, Gurgaon, Pune and Hyderabad is internationally recognized by Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, USA. Blended learning approach, ample industry interaction, tie-up with Jigsaw Academy for online content, recorded lectures, career support workshops and an expert faculty make it a sought after course for students desirous of making a niche in business analytics.
3. Business Analytics and Intelligence-IIM Bangalore IIM- Bangalore is the pioneer in introducing one year executive program in Business Analytics and offers a blend of classroom and online methodology to deliver the courses. It provides in-depth subject knowledge on basic and advanced statistics in addition to learning tools and techniques using Case-based teaching methodology. IIMB has external collaborations with SAS, R and Python training consultants and Qlik team for imparting technical knowledge. It is the only Indian business school to feature among the Top 50 B-schools on the Financial Times Executive Education 2015 Rankings and has topped the list of best management institutes in ‘India Ranking 2016’.
4. Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics- IIM Kolkata, ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur (Tri Institute Program) IIM Calcutta, ISI Kolkata, IIT Kharagpur have come together to offer this two-year full time residential tri- institute program, designed to create Business analysts and Data Scientists with expertise in Statistics, Computer Science and Management. Each institute focuses on a separate area of business analytics as per its expertise. Apart from placement assistance, there is sufficient industry interaction with organizations like Microsoft, Xerox, SAS, PwC, etc.
5. Certified Program in Predictive Business Analytics- BRIDGE School of Management BRIDGE School of Management is a joint venture between HT Media Ltd. & Apollo Global, Inc. (USA). This 51 weeks course in Analytics is jointly offered with Northwestern University, delivered in a blended mode – classroom and Northwestern University Virtual Learning Environment – Canvas.
6. Executive Program in Business Analytics- MISB Bacconi & Jigsaw Academy This course primarily focuses on live case studies in Big Data and Analytics to give hands-on experience to learners. The course is delivered in a blended mode spanning a period of 10 months. Jigsaw has collaborated with IIMB for Big Data analytics course training and content development.
7. Post Graduate Program, Praxis Business School Kolkata Post Graduate Program by Praxis Business School is another course in data analytics with a unique significance. This full time Program, open to both fresher as well as a working professional, takes upon itself the responsibility of student placements through its industry tie-up programs.
8. PG Program in Data Science, Business Analytics & Big Data- Aegis School of Business, Data Science & Telecommunications This institute located in Mumbai & Pune offers an 11 months program delivered through classroom teaching, tech-based platform and also on a Hybrid Model. Aegis has partnered with IBM to offer high-end courses in the field of Data Science, Business Analytics, Big Data, and Cloud Computing & Mobility. It has a Career Management Center to take care of paid internships and the final placement of students.
9. Certificate Program in Business Analytics- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Bangalore NMIMS has collaborated with SAS Institute for providing SAS tools and conducting workshops in diverse areas of Analytics. The course is of 12 months duration; classroom based, and is imparted through live lectures, case discussions, lab sessions, assignments, tasks and projects. NMIMS also has a functional placement department.
10. PG Diploma Program in Data Analytics- IIT Bangalore & Upgrad This is an online program of 11 months' duration. Besides expert faculty, the course is the right mix of statistics, technical and business knowledge to bridge the gap between the requirements of learners and employers. UpGrad and IIIT-Bangalore also provide placement assistance to students. (Source: Nulearn Research team inputs+ Analytics India Magazine + Student Feedback).
Certificate Program in Data Analytics-IIM- Rohtak
Apart from these long-duration courses, there are many short duration courses available to enhance the skills and capabilities of professionals across fields. Nulearn has come up with 4 months Program in Data Analytics from IIM-Rohtak, one of India’s top B Schools. With this, Nulearn becomes only the 4th
Education-Technology company in India to have an alliance with one of the IIMs. The focus of the course is to enable its learners with structured thinking and analytical tools to help them make informed decisions in their varied business roles and responsibilities. To know more about the certification program Click Here